At the Law Society we believe that volunteering and participating in community schemes not only helps support our local communities, but also provides a creative way for our colleagues to gain new skills and work with diverse groups who represent the broad range of our members and their clients.
We actively support community investment activities including staff volunteering and charitable giving through a range of initiatives and activities including those outlined below.
We support volunteering through:
- coordinating an International Action Team of volunteers who take part in human rights interventions and governance projects around the world
- time off policies for staff undertaking voluntary public service.
Fundraising and charitable giving
We support fundraising and charitable giving through:
- the payroll giving scheme
- sponsorship and participating in the London Legal Walk and other regional legal walks (in 2014 we received an award for having entered a team in all 10 London Legal Walks)
- participating in the Great Legal Bake to raise money for the London Legal Support Trust
- supporting the Law Society Charity
Read how we support our member firms engage in community volunteering projects on our pro bono pages.