Our Wills and Inheritance Quality Scheme (WIQS) accreditation is a best practice quality mark for wills and estate administration advice.
Membership lasts for 12 months.
You can apply for re-accreditation up to six weeks before your accreditation expires.
Re-accreditation helps assure clients that your practice continues to meet the requirements of the Wills and Inheritance Protocol (PDF 360 KB).
Step 1: Read the guidance
Before beginning the application, the SRO must read the:
- scheme rules (PDF 361 KB)
- re-accreditation guidance notes (PDF 377 KB)
- Wills and Inheritance Protocol (PDF 360 KB)
Step 2: Complete the form
The SRO must complete the re-accreditation form (Word 1.27 MB) for the practice.
Each new relevant person to join your wills, probate or estate administration department before the application for re-accreditation must complete a separate application form:
- new SRO or head of wills, probate and estate administration (Word 1.4 MB)
- additional managers (Word 1.2 MB)
- additional solicitors and chartered legal executives (Word 1.2 MB)
- additional non-qualified practitioners (Word 1.2 MB)
- additional accounts staff (Word 1.2 MB)
Step 3: Submit the application
Your practice’s application is made up of:
- the application form
- any additional application forms for new relevant persons
- your practice’s professional indemnity insurance certificate, claims and notifications summary
Do not send files larger than 18 MB. If necessary, send your supporting documents in separate emails.
Step 4: Pay the fee
We’ll send you an invoice when we receive your application.
The fee will vary depending on the size of your practice.
Step 5: Accreditation
Our accreditation team will assess and review your application.
We’ll let you know the outcome of your application once we’ve received your membership fee.
If your application is unsuccessful, we’ll refund your membership fee.
You may appeal against the decision.
Read our appeals policy
Once re-accredited, all relevant persons must complete mandatory training.
Call: 020 7316 5550
Opening hours: 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday