North Asia and the Pacific
Welcome to our North Asia and the Pacific section. Here you'll find the latest regional legal news and upcoming events, plus detailed information on the jurisdictions we are active in, including guides to doing business in this region.
- Doing legal business in Australia15 Oct 2020
- Doing legal business in China15 Oct 2020
- Doing legal business in Hong Kong15 Oct 2020
- Doing legal business in Japan07 Jul 2021
- Doing legal business in Mongolia05 Nov 2020
- Doing legal business in South Korea16 Oct 2020
- Doing legal business in Taiwan04 Nov 2020
- English Law Day16 Sep 2020
- How to become a solicitor: a guide for international lawyers03 Dec 2021
Related News & Information
Anglo-Australasian Lawyers Society Legal Services and the UK/Australia Free Trade Agreement Panel Discussion
On 31 July 2020, our International Policy Adviser, Catherine Brims, and Director of Strategic Relationships, Stephen Denyer, discussed legal services in Australia/UK trade negotiations, focusing on how the AALS contributed to our research on market access between Australia and England & Wales. You can watch a recording of the discussion.
Foreign business and China's civil code
On 28 May, the Chinese top legislature, the National People’s Congress (NPC), finally promulgated the country’s first-ever civil code – after receiving in excess of 900,000 public comments during more than six years of deliberations.