These forms are only available through third-party suppliers.
We've provided links to the suppliers' websites and not directly to the forms, as you may need to create an account with the supplier first.
While care has been taken to make sure the forms and guidance notes are accurate, up to date and useful, the Law Society will not accept any legal liability in relation to them.
If you have any questions about forms or guidance, email us.
LPE1 leasehold property enquiries form
The LPE1 form is for collecting information held by landlords and managing agents – for example, about ground rent, insurance and service charges.
The form was updated in January 2023.
The LPE1 form now contains process efficiency improvements and additional questions on:
- who deals with the deed of covenant
- contributions to the service charge
- access to insurance
- restrictions on keeping pets or parking
- fire safety or external fire wall assessments
- urgent fire safety works
LPE2 buyers leasehold information summary
This form contains important information about leasehold responsibilities. For example, the costs associated with:
- purchasing a property
- regular payments during ownership and additional planned payments
The LPE2 form was updated in November 2021. From 12 January 2022, only the updated version should be used.
The LPE2 form now contains process efficiency improvements and:
- sets out the costs for the certificate of compliance
- alerts buyers of new properties on newly built developments that maintenance costs may increase substantially once the site is complete