Transaction (TA) forms

These forms are for business and residential property sales. Some forms are only available through third party suppliers. We've provided links to the suppliers' websites and not directly to the forms, as you may need to create an account with the supplier first.

While care has been taken to make sure the forms and guidance notes are accurate, up-to-date and useful, the Law Society will not accept any legal liability in relation to them.

If you have any questions about forms or guidance, email us.

TA4 Required Commonhold Information (1st edition) 2007

A form to record information in relation to the sale and purchase of a property in commonhold.

Available from:

TA6 Property information form (4th edition) (2020)

This form is for the seller to give the prospective buyer detailed information about the property. You're likely to need a TA6 for every purchase.

Download a specimen TA6 form (PDF 793 KB)

Available from:

TA6 explanatory notes (PDF 454 KB)

These notes help sellers understand what's being requested and explain the legal concepts that some of the questions deal with. If you're acting for buyers and/or sellers in conveyancing transactions, you may find it useful to share these notes. 

Beta: TA6 Part 1 preliminary information form (1st edition) (2021)
The Law Society, working with its Conveyancing and Land Law Committee, has identified key early marketing questions that can be completed up front in a property transaction, in what will be known as “TA6 Part 1”.

This form will help to inform a buyer’s decision to purchase, and can be used to pre-populate the current TA6 form.

We’re beta testing the new form before launching.

Download a specimen TA6 Part 1 form (PDF 1.27 MB)

Find out more about the beta test

TA7 Leasehold information form (2nd edition) (2009)

For the seller to complete along with form TA6. If you're using the Conveyancing Protocol you should send both these forms to the seller to complete and return.

Download a specimen TA7 form (PDF 113 KB)

Available from:

TA8 New home information form (2007)

Questions you need to ask the developer for the information pack. When buying a flat, use form TA7 to ask questions of the seller and forms LPE1 and LPE2 to ask the landlord or managing agent.

Download a specimen TA8 form (PDF 118 KB)

Available from:

TA9 Commonhold information form (2007)

This form is to capture information relevant to acting on the sale or purchase of commonhold property.

Download a specimen TA9 form (PDF 115 KB)

Available from:

TA10 Fittings and contents form (3rd edition) (2013)

For the seller to identify what's included in and excluded from the sale price. You're likely to need a TA10 for every purchase.

Download a specimen TA10 form (PDF 175 KB)

Available from:

TA13: Completion information and requisitions on title (3rd edition) (2019)

Makes sure the buyer has all the important information they need before completion. This includes property information and vacant possession. (Some replies to requisitions are treated as a solicitor's undertaking.)

Download a specimen TA13 form (PDF 160 KB)

Available from:

TA15 Commonhold information request (1st edition) (2007)

This form can be used to capture information relevant to acting on the sale or purchase of commonhold property.

Available from: