Five ways your Law Society membership can help your firm thrive
The truth is you are probably a bit – or perhaps a lot – of both.
Running a law firm is a tough job. You face all the pressures and hassles that come with being a small business owner, while also working in a highly regulated and rapidly changing environment.
Fortunately, you’re also a member of the Law Society – and we are here to help you thrive and prosper.
Your membership gives you access to comprehensive support to help you:
- run and grow your business
- mitigate your risks
- develop your career
- plan for the future
Here are five ways you can make the most of your membership and make running your business as straightforward as possible:
1. Spend more time serving clients
Use our practical, expert, time-saving resources to stay on top of business-critical issues. These are all available on our website, which you can tailor to your needs using your personalised My LS account.
You can even get answers to specific questions or concerns using our telephone helpline service, the Practice Advice Service, as well as our wide range of Q&As, toolkits, and other resources available online.
2. Win more business and improve staff engagement
Our world-class learning programmes will help you and your teams to continue to develop their skillset, maintain professional standards, offer a better service and, ultimately, be a better proposition for current and prospective clients.
Some of our most popular courses include:
- anti-money laundering training
- client care, confidentiality and conflicts
- Conveyancing Quality Scheme training
3. Save money on the products and services you need
We have exclusive offers and discounts on Law Society products and services, as well as offers from our carefully selected partners, covering a wide range of services, including:
4. Find new opportunities and get support from experts and peers
Running a business can be lonely, confusing, and stressful. As a member of the Law Society, you are part of a community of over 200,000 solicitors across England and Wales.
There’s lots of information on our website, but events include:
- building better firms: identifying positive changes in culture to better mitigate risk | July 2022 | free
- document management: lessons learned and the evolving role of knowledge work | July 2022 | free
- what becoming a partner means for your finances | July 2022 | free
5. Create a sustainable business model
Law firms are being forced to re-examine their business model more frequently than ever before.
We have comprehensive resources available to help you manage your business throughout its lifecycle – and to make changes when you need to.
Examples range from quick insights and analysis to in-depth advice, whether you are:
- starting a firm, with examples including:
- growing a firm, for example:
- succession planning, for example:
We also offer extensive resources for the strategic and day-to-day financial management of your firm.
We will help you confidently make financial projections for your business by effectively managing areas like:
Find the support you need
We’ve just scratched the surface here with how the Law Society can help you be both a successful lawyer and a successful business owner.
If you haven’t already done so, you can start by tailoring our website to serve your needs.