Council constituencies and current members
We encourage you to contact your Council members with any issues you would like raised at Council meetings. You can also get involved by joining the Council.
Geographical constituency seatsCouncil members in geographical constituency seats:
- Berkshire and North Hampshire: Razi Shah
- Birmingham and District: Mary Kaye, Ravinder Singh Chumber
- Bristol: Salma Maqsood (email/profile)
- Cambridgeshire and Peterborough: Michael Frape
- Essex: Tony Fisher
- Central and South Middlesex: Michael Garson
- Central Lancashire and Northern Greater Manchester: Asma Ruksar
- Central London: Paul Sharma, Laura Uberoi
- Cheshire: Mark Brown (email/profile)
- Cheshire and North Wales: Mark Evans
- Cross-border: Scott Bowen
- Croydon and North Kent: Eunice Shang-Simpson
- Cumbria and Lancaster: Claire Logan
- Derbyshire, East Staffordshire and Nottinghamshire: Shama Gupta
- Devon and Somerset: Richard Adams
- Dorset: Peter Watson-Lee
- Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire: Josephine Duchenne
- Holborn: Pavel Klimov (email/profile)
- Kent: Richard Atkinson
- Lincolnshire: Nicholas Fluck
- Leeds: Nick Emmerson
- Leicestershire, Northamptonshire and Rutland: Linda Lee
- Manchester, Salford, Stockport and District: Jeff Lewis, Steve Kuncewicz
- Merseyside and District: Nina Ferris
- Mid and West Wales: Carolyn Kirby
- Norfolk: Richard Barr
- North East London: Caroline Newman
- North Middlesex: Cordella Bart-Stewart
- Northumbria: Allan Devine, Chris Noon
- Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire: Mohammed Nawaz Khan
- Plymouth and Cornwall: Steve Hudson
- The City of London: Salome Coker, Simon Davis, Christopher Vigrass, Ed Crosse
- The City of Westminster: Nicola Rubbert, Beth Forrester
- The Welsh Marches*: Patricia Beeching
- South: Adrienne Edgerley-Harris
- South London: David Taylor
- South Wales: Sarah Watkins
- Suffolk: Donna Taylor
- Surrey: Alastair Logan, Sushila Abraham
- Sussex: vacancy
- Warwickshire and Worcester*: Alan East
- West London: Saima Hirji, Lucy Scott-Moncrieff
- Wiltshire and Gloucestershire: Kathryn King
- Wolverhampton and Staffordshire: vacancy
- Yorkshire: David Barraclough, Mark Newby, vacancy
Warwickshire and Worcestershire Council constituency: information for members
*Postcodes: WR1-15; WR78; WR9
As a result of recent changes to Council constituencies, solicitors in these postcodes will fall within two constituencies.
Solicitors in these constituencies will be represented by two Council members until the date of the Law Society's annual general meeting in 2023 (currently scheduled for mid-October 2023).
Until the annual general meeting (AGM) in 2023, solicitors in these postcodes will continue to be represented by Patricia Beeching as Council member for the Welsh Marches.
From the conclusion of the 2022 election, solicitors in these postcodes will also be represented by the winner of the election as Council member for Warwickshire and Worcestershire.
During this crossover period, solicitors within these postcodes may contact either Council member as their elected representative.
After the 2023 AGM
From 2023, the Welsh Marches constituency will cease to exist.
Solicitors in WR1-15; WR78; WR99 will be represented by the Council Member for Warwickshire and Worcestershire only.
If you have any questions about this, email email@example.com.
If the executive of the organisation chooses, these seats may be filled by nomination of the executive rather than by election. An example of this is the Women Lawyers seat.
Other non-geographical seats are filled by election in the same way as the geographical seats.
Work practice seats
Council members in work practice seats:
- Business and Commercial: Mark Stephen Anderson
- Central Government: Eleri Wones
- Childcare: Denise Lester
- Civil Litigation (non-personal injury): Charlotte Hill
- Commercial Property: Russell Hewitson
- Criminal Defence: Bill Waddington
- Criminal Prosecution Service: Guy Davies
- Employment: Paul Gurparshad Singh
- EU and International: Jonathan Goldsmith
- Housing: Daniel Fitzpatrick
- Immigration: Jessica Yu
- In-house Corporate Counsel: Emily O’Neill, Paul Cummins (email/profile)
- In-house Voluntary and Charities: Ngaryan Li
- Law Management: Paul Bennett
- Legal Aid: Jawaid Ahmed Luqmani
- Local Government: Suki Binjal
- Major Corporate: David Patient
- Personal Injury – Claimant: Brett Dixon
- Personal Injury – Defendant: Nichola Evans
- Private Client: Melinda Giles
- Residential Property: Peter Rodd
- Sole Practitioners: Lubna Shuja and Clive Sutton
Council members in characteristic seats:
- 6 to 12 years' PQE: Johnny Shearman, Louise Duckett
- Black Solicitors' Network: Joe Mensah-Dankwah
- Ethnic Minorities: Kyle Blackburn, Muntech Kaur, Shannett Thompson
- Junior Lawyers (0 to 6 years' PQE): Jonathan Andrews, Baljinder Singh Atwal, Gcobisa Bonani, Lizzy Lim
- LGBT+: Jonathan Wheeler
- Solicitors with Disabilities: Placida Ojinnaka
- Women Lawyers: I. Stephanie Boyce, Sarah Austin, Amandeep Khasriya and Ariel White-Tsimikalis
Join the Council
Do you have a passion for supporting your profession? Get involved with our Council.