Who we are
We're the independent professional body for solicitors in England and Wales. We're run by and for our members, helping them at every stage of their career.
- are the voice of solicitors
- drive excellence in the profession
- safeguard the rule of law
- work to make sure no-one is above the law
- protect everyone's right to have access to justice
We work to:
- promote England and Wales as the jurisdiction of choice
- promote the vital role legal services play in our economy
- open international markets for our members
- defend human rights at home and abroad
- support members with career opportunities, like networking events and development training
Our values guide what we say and how we act with:
- each other
- our members
- our suppliers
- our stakeholders
Our staff agree to follow these principles in their day-to-day decision making and behaviour.
We are honest, open and recognise the expertise we each bring to the organisation. We celebrate and reward people who demonstrate our culture. We also hold each other to account when we see behaviour that does not support our values.
We value the diversity of our people and our members. We trust and support our team to do their job and to take responsibility for their work. We collaborate, share knowledge and support each other.
We work together to achieve success and do the best for our members. We are open to testing new ideas and challenging the way we do things.
We celebrate success and learn from mistakes.
Our employees help to make sure that our members are supported and represented effectively. They also help provide a wide range of products and services to our members, including:
- accreditation schemes
We employ over 400 people, with offices in London and Cardiff.
If you have any questions or problems, email the recruitment team.
The Law Society is an Investors in People accredited organisation.
The Law Society is an Equal Opportunities Employer.