Apply for grant or sponsorship funding
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors in England and Wales.
We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
We deliver a broad range of activities to help achieve this including:
- influencing government and regulators
- producing information on common legal issues for the public
- providing advice lines for both the profession and the public
- supporting the career development of solicitors
- conducting research and delivering insight about the legal sector
- keeping members up to date with the latest guidance and changes
- supporting the profession to become more diverse and inclusive
Our next grant and sponsorship funding year runs from 1 November 2023 to 31 October 2025.
2023/2025 funding themes
We recognise that many organisations share our goals.
Our 2023/2025 funding will focus on work that helps us make an impact in one of two funding themes:
- promoting access to justice
- promoting a modern, diverse and inclusive profession
We believe these two themes are crucial to achieving our current purpose and vision.
We will focus on funding work that other organisations are likely to be better placed to deliver than the Law Society. For example:
- reaching schools and universities
- reaching marginalised groups
- supporting law students
- collaborating with the third sector to deliver outcomes
- providing direct support to members of the public
- providing emergency or 24/7 support
- developing already successful programmes embedded within an organisation
How to apply
Applications for funding have now closed.
The next funding round is expected to open in spring 2025.
Timeline for 2023/2025 applicants
We are assessing submissions and communicate decisions in mid-May.
Those whose work would be appropriate for the Law Society to consider funding will be invited to make a full application.
We expect to launch the application process from late-May, with around 10 weeks to submit full applications.
Unsuccessful applicants will also be informed of the outcome.