Apply for grant or sponsorship funding
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors in England and Wales. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
We deliver a broad range of activities to help achieve this including:
- influencing government and regulators
- producing information on common legal issues for the public
- providing advice lines for both the profession and the public
- supporting the career development of solicitors
- conducting research and delivering insight about the legal sector
- keeping members up to date with the latest guidance and changes
- supporting the profession to become more diverse and inclusive
Our grant and sponsorship funding year runs from 1 November until 31 October.
2022/2023 funding themes
We recognise that many organisations share our goals. Our 2022/2023 funding will focus on work that helps us make an impact in one of two funding themes:
- promoting access to justice
- promoting a modern, diverse and inclusive profession
We believe these two themes are crucial to achieving our current purpose and vision.
We will focus on funding work that other organisations are likely to be better placed to deliver than the Law Society. For example:
- reaching schools and universities
- reaching marginalised groups
- supporting law students
- collaborating with the third sector to deliver outcomes
- providing direct support to members of the public
- providing emergency or 24/7 support
- developing already successful programmes embedded within an organisation
How to apply
The deadline for applications for activities delivered between 1 November 2022 and 31 October 2023 was 10 April 2022.
Submissions will be assessed and those whose work would be appropriate for the Law Society to consider funding will be invited to make a full application during a 12-week period.
Unsuccessful applicants will also be informed of the outcome.