Audit committee members sought
The Law Society is looking to appoint two external members to the Audit Committee. The appointment of the chair is currently underway, and the appointed candidate will be actively involved in the appointments of the members.
The members of the Audit Committee will play a full part in committee business as it discharges its functions and terms of reference, in particular:
- Making an active contribution to the Audit Committee to ensure that it is effective in its role
- Contributing to the Committee’s annual report to Council
- Providing independent judgement and advice
- Recommending the appointment or replacement of external auditors and review the effectiveness of their work
- Resolving any conflicts of interest that arise
- Adhering to all appropriate Society policies including Code of Conduct and Dignity at work.
Members may not be members of the Law Society’s Council or the SRA Board. Solicitors and non-solicitors are eligible to apply.
Read the full specification and how to apply