Work experience for host firms
The Lawyers with Disabilities Division (LDD) is working with employers in the legal sector to help firms host work experience placements for aspiring lawyers with disabilities.
Each year many talented and inspiring law students and future solicitors with disabilities are not offered the opportunities and experiences they needed to succeed. Their unique talents and abilities are not being used effectively by law firms.
This work placement scheme encourages firms, small and large, to make a contribution and break down some of the barriers at their work place for lawyers with disabilities.
The LDD work placement scheme invites you to host one or more aspiring solicitors (law students and above) for a one to two week placement between May and September 2019.
Some of the benefits include:
- discovering the untapped talent of brilliant candidates with a range of talents, visible, and invisible disabilities
- opening a dialogue in your own organisation about disability, reasonable workplace adjustments and inclusion with our expert guidance
- hosting a placement with the support and knowledge of the Lawyers with Disabilities Division
1. We open applications to employers January 2019 on a rolling basis.
2. We open applications to aspiring solicitors in late January 2019.
3. The LDD Committee screen for the best applications – Details of how we screen can be shared upon request.
4. You are sent a selection to choose from based on the suitability of the candidate to your firm and the candidates’ preference in early April 2019.
5. The Law Society will put together a webinar to answer your questions regarding the work experience and provide you with guidance on any workplace adjustments that you may be asked to make.
6. We will arrange a pre-meet with the candidate(s) of choice at your organisation. This will give you the opportunity to ask any questions and for the candidate to get familiar with the surroundings.
7. You and the candidate arrange the dates that work best with LDD support. Dates for placement should be between 1 May and 30 September 2019.
How to get involved
Complete the short application form (Word 49kb)
For more information
Contact us by emailing email@example.com.