Seminar for deputy High Court judge applicants
The Judicial Appointments Commission is expected to launch recruitment for deputy High Court judges in early 2022.
Who can apply?
To apply for a deputy High Court judge role, you’ll need to:
- have seven years’ post qualification legal experience
- meet the eligibility requirements listed on the vacancy
Applications are particularly welcome from under-represented groups.
Depending on the jurisdiction, successful candidates may be given the opportunity to sit across all divisions of the High Court – subject to the approval of the senior judiciary – and hear a range of work including:
- cases arising out of business and property law disputes, both national and international
- public and private law cases involving children and families
- financial disputes
- jurisdictional disputes following foreign divorce decrees
- child abduction and international family law
- cases in contract, tort and other areas
- judicial review claims and statutory challenges to the actions of public authorities