Susan Acland-Hood discusses the challenges and changes to courts during the coronavirus pandemic.
Technology drives change in the legal services sector and the justice system. Recognising the importance of this field, we’re running a comprehensive programme of work on technology and the law.
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): Cybersecurity, fraud prevention and lawtech21 Apr 2020
- Introduction to lawtech07 Oct 2019
- LawTech Delivery Panel11 Oct 2018
- Support for law firms10 Jul 2020
- Technology and the Law Policy Commission - Algorithms in the Justice System27 Jun 2019
- What is lawtech?05 Jun 2019
- Algorithm use in the criminal justice system report04 Jun 2019
- Capturing technological innovation in legal services report25 Jan 2017
- Digital futures25 Jun 2020
- Lawtech Adoption Research report14 Feb 2019
- Lawtech: a comparative analysis of legal technology in the UK and in other jurisdictions03 Dec 2019
- Research Roundup - Issue 2, April 201618 Apr 2016
- Technology, access to justice and the rule of law report16 Sep 2019
News and articles
The Law Society is the independent professional body for solicitors. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law.
Maximise your membership
My LS gives you access to the latest news, events, books and resources to help you excel within your practice.Find out more
What we're doing for you
The Law Society is run by and for our members. We are the voice of solicitors, driving excellence in the profession and safeguarding the rule of law. With the guidance of our specialist committees:
- we influence the legislative and regulatory environment in the interest of the profession and the public
- we keep members up to date with sector news and develop advice and guidance to support good practice
- we promote the profession and legal services nationally and we promote England and Wales as a global legal centre
Our committee advises and shapes policy on new technologies, IT-related professional obligations and regulatory requirements including data protection and cybersecurity.