Business review and annual report
Business review 2016/17
This business review sets out our achievements during the 2016-17 financial year. This publication is one of the ways we report on our progress and sets out what we have delivered for our members.
The business review gives you more detail about the work we did last year including:
- Promoting our profession, highlighting ethical and professional standards, legal education and training, and the value of using a solicitor at home and abroad.
- Influencing for impact, acting as the voice of the profession on the issues that are important to our members. We represent solicitors in Westminster, Cardiff, Brussels and with other governments across the world.
- Serving our members, supporting solicitors whether they work for themselves, in-house or a law firm. We offer helpline support and advice, improved websites, new practice notes, toolkits, events, access to communities and published research on key issues.
- Operational improvements, focussing on being more efficient whilst better managing and understanding our costs. All of this helps us reduce expenditure against our budget and deliver value for money for our members.
Download the business review (PDF 1mb)
Download the business review summary (PDF 83kb)
Annual report 2016/17
The annual report gives information about the Law Society Group and what each of our organisations has achieved each year. It also contains the financial statements for the group.
In our latest report, you will see:
- highlights of what we achieved in 2016-17
- how the Law Society Group is made up
- detailed accounts and consolidated financial statements
- statement of responsibilities
- financial review
Download the full report (PDF 2mb)
Archived business reviews
Archived annual reports