Work in Wales
Our Wales office is based in Cardiff. The office represents our views and interests to the Welsh government, Welsh parliament or Senedd Cymru, justice sector stakeholders and at Westminster.
The current issues are:
- the proposed changes to legal aid
- the law-making process in Wales
- the contribution of the legal sector to the Welsh economy
Wales office staff
Head of Wales – Jonathan Davies
Engagement and Communications Executive - Richard Jones
Administrator - Sian Johnston
The committee reports to our Policy and Regulatory Affairs committee.
Its terms of reference include to:
- represent the views of the solicitors' profession in Wales and Welsh solicitors' current priorities
- engage with the Welsh government, the National Assembly for Wales and other stakeholders
- engage with the development of devolution in Wales and to advise upon and disseminate the information to the profession throughout England and Wales
The Law Society Wales Office
Cardiff CF10 3AG
Telephone: 02920 645254
Fax: 02920 225944
Legal jobs in Wales
The Law Society Gazette jobs website has hundreds of legal jobs to choose from.
Online event recordings
We held a virtual seminar on 9 March 2022 for those working in the Welsh legal sector to learn about the rapid evolution of the fintech sector and its success in Wales.
- Sarah Williams-Gardener, CEO of FinTech Wales
- Nicola McNeely, partner and head of technology at Harrison Clark Rickerbys
- Dr Adam Wyner, associate professor of computing and the law at Swansea University
- Dr Kerry Beynon, legal counsel at BRUSH Switchgear (chair)