For help with your legal research, use our common queries database or see our practical guides on specific topics below.
For tailored research assistance from our team of experienced law librarians, use our enquiry service.
- How to find journal articles
- How to find law reports
- How to find public general acts
- How to find local and personal or private acts
- How to find statutory instruments
- How to research debates on sections of an act
- How to find parliamentary bills
- How to find precedents and forms
- How to find official publications
- How to find Scottish law
- How to find Northern Irish law
- How to find Irish law
- How to find Isle of Man and Channel Islands law
- How to find treaties
- How to trace past solicitors and law firms
- How to dispose of your library
Common queries database
This unique source provides short answers based on frequently asked questions and previous research by our librarians.
Over a thousand entries cover where to find specific precedents and more. We scan a huge range of sources to update this resource.