- My LS
Law Society Learning
You tell us you're time poor. You need to keep up to date and develop essential skills and knowledge. Finding the time to source and complete the courses you need can be a challenge.
We’ve been working to deliver our new learning and development platform – Law Society Learning – designed to give you efficient, easy access to develop the essential skills and knowledge you need to remain competitive and safe to practise. It will be available by the end of November.
We’re initially launching with learning modules for two areas:
Over time we’ll be adding to this, delivering a one-stop-shop for all your professional development needs.
Watch the demonstration video to see for yourself how easily you can access the learning you need:
From foundation level to advanced
Courses are split into three levels:
- Foundation – introductory courses, mainly for practitioners who are at an early stage in their career, or are changing practice area
- Intermediate – providing a more robust educational and professional development experience, mainly for those looking to underpin existing knowledge or broaden their areas of practice
- Advanced – offering a professional learning experience, underpinning practice excellence. For each course we clearly set out the prior learning and knowledge you’ll need
To help you quickly find the courses you need, we’ve organised all content under eight curriculum tracks:
- Business management – enabling you to manage the business of law
- Client at the core – developing your client and customer handling skills
- Commercial development – from networking to marketing, to help you grow and develop your business
- Compliance – keeping you up to date with regulation
- Leadership and management – to develop your leadership skills
- Personal development – for your personal and professional growth
- Practice areas and interests – applying and building your legal knowledge and skills
- Technology – enhancing productivity and reducing risk, and keeping up to date with the latest opportunities technology provides
Professional Development Centre (PDC) closing soon
From 23 November 2020, the PDC will no longer be available. You'll need to complete any courses you have started by this date. You'll also need to download any training records and certificates you want to keep while you still have access.